Thursday, 22 November 2012






My College Magazine Cover and contents page. 

My magazine colour usage: The colours i've used for my magazine are red and black, and this is because these two colours really works together and gives the magazine a bold look to it. Red is seen as a very bold strong colour and so is white. In my rationale, I decided to use 3 colours which were orange, yellow and black however, I changed my mind when I started to practically do my magazine. I still kept the black on the pages simply because it stood out more with the red. I decided to keep the colours very minimum and this is to make it look as professional as possible however with a little twist of red to it. The colours used will make it more recognisable because majority of magazines use a lot of colours making them look very similar but with mine it has the difference of having two main bold colours. 

Images used: For my front cover, I took an image myself of one of my friends and enlarged it to fill the majority of the page. This is the main focus on the page at first sight. It has a relevant college like image to it, with the model holding a folder showing college life. The model's eyes are looking directly at the camera with a very nice friendly smile making the magazine look more welcoming at first glance. This is a medium shot containing the model head to waist area on show. I decided not to use anymore images because it would have reduced the focus on the main image. 

Text Usage: For my college magazine, I put a main masthead which reading 'Beade's Issues' in bold outstanding text and this is directly referring to what the image is about and what it will be containing in it. There is a 3rd person narative on this magazine showing all the offers this month's issue have in store for the students on Bede college. I have included a sell- line tagline on my magazine too for the target audience. 

Layout and Font: For my layout and font for both my front cover and contents page, i used a variety of simple readable text and this is because, I want it to look as professional as possible and very comfortable for the audience to read. The layout i used is very regular all the way through my magazine  because I don't want to confuse the audience. The simple layout is suppose to avoid any sort of confusion to the audience. I have included a portrait facing image on the page with a plain white background and a diagonal facing offer on the right hand side corner of the image and this is create the fun college like side to the magazine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment